After an 18-year career in the Canadian Armed Forces, and 14 years as a Training Development Officer, I decided to incorporated as a consultant. To complement my work experience, I attained a Master of Arts degree (Adult Education), a Master of Education degree (Distance Education) and a Doctor of Education degree (EdD – Distance Education). My skills include the following:
- Leading & implementing the stages of instructional design i.e., the 5 stages of ADDIE/ 6 stages of CFITES in the Canadian Armed Forces i.e., Analysis (Qualification Standards), Design (Training Plans), Development, Conduct, Evaluation, & Validation
- Facilitating Distance Learning courses – either synchronously (virtual classroom) or asynchronously (on a Learning Management System, threaded discussions)
- Completing Training Needs Assessments and Analyses
- Completing Training Programme Evaluations
- Providing Strategic-level guidance on Training & Education
Due to specific work experiences that I have had, I am also knowledgeable & interested in areas related to Workplace Inclusion, Data/Digital Literacy, Training Simulations, and projects.
I have honed my research skills in collecting and analyzing qualitative data (NVivo) & quantitative data (SPSS) through my doctoral research titled, “Satisfaction of Canadian Armed Forces Regular Forces Members with their Distance Learning Experiences.”
I am also certified as a Change Management Practitioner with PROSCI.
I look forward to hearing how I could support you and your team.